Sidi M. El Ofir's American History Blog

Hello, My name is El Ofir Sidi Mohamed and I would like to introduce you to my blog. This is an American History blog where I talk about many achievements, accomplishments and other subjects.

Dear Family,


Living in the trenches is very uncomfortable. Even if we are immune against enemies and I feel safer than outside the trenches condition are poor. When there would be a rainy weather the mud would fall over me, also many of friends that fought died from diseases, but fortunately I'm alive. What I don't like at all is that we sleep in lines, and rats start crawling above my face. We needed to stay quiet in the trenches at day and not make too much noise because the enemies could of heard us. At night, we had more liberty to move around and it was more noisy because the darkness covered us and the enemies couldn't locate us. Many soldier had leg-wounds and arm-wounds that caused them death probably by infection. Some of the soldiers died from shell fire that hurts more than a gunshot. I felt very cold under the trenches during winter because sometimes the temperature would lower down to 0 degrees. I miss you mom and dad, I hope you feel well and don't worry too much about me, wish me good luck.

Love,
Sidi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog